Charlotte Ant Control
Controlling ants can be especially difficult depending on the type of ant infestation in your home or business. Therefore, a professional ant inspection is always recommended to identify what kind of ant colony is pestering you and to determine the best treatment option. Our trained professionals at Carolina Pest Management are ready with the proper equipment and experience to effectively handle your Carolina ant control needs.
Take $15 Off
Enjoy a discount off your initial general pest service when you sign up for a quarterly service plan.
Contact the professionals at Carolina Pest Management to schedule your inspection today.
Identify: It’s important to act quickly and identify which type of ants are infesting your Charlotte home to catch and prevent internal and external damage.
Inspect: Our technicians are experts in Charlotte pest inspections – many of our pest control professionals have worked with Carolina Pest for ten years or more.
Treatment: At Carolina Pest Management, we keep your preferences in mind as we choose the most effective, safe pest treatment option for your pest problems. In addition to regulated pesticides, we offer green pest control solutions in Charlotte.
Maintenance: After treating your home or business for pests, maintenance is key to prevent re-occurring issues.
How to Identify an Ant Infestation
Particular signs of an ant infestation vary depending on which type of ant colony has taken up residence. However, common signs of a possible ant problem include:
- Ant pathways
- Ant nests
- Stray wood debris or shavings
- Live worker and/or foraging ants
Our Ant Inspection Process
Our team of Carolina Pest control technicians will thoroughly inspect your home or business as well as landscaping and lawn for signs of an ant infestation. After completing the inspection, your technician will alert you of any observed or potential issues and recommend the best treatment options.
Our Ant Control Treatment
Charlotte ant treatments can vary depending on the type of ant infestation, season, weather and the specific location where the treatment is going to be applied. Typically, we use a liquid, bait or granular product. However, we also offer green options for ant treatments, including botanical-based sprays and baits.
How Often Should I Have an Ant Inspection?
Charlotte homeowners and business owners should have an annual insect damage inspection performed. This type of inspection focuses on finding and identifying any form of insect activity, including ant and termite damage.
If you are seeing signs of a possible ant infestation in between your annual inspection, do not wait to schedule an appointment with a professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most commonly encountered ants?
- Argentine ants: These ants are a breed we receive many calls about. Argentine ants primarily feed on sweets, oils and proteins. For that reason, they are known to invade pantries and other places where foods are kept. Although they do not pose health risks, these pesky ants do contaminate food supplies.
- Pharaoh ants: Aside from fire ants, Pharaoh ants are known to be one of the most difficult ants to control. Infestations can be serious issues, especially for the medical and food industries, because they can carry or transmit over 10 different types of infections.
- Carpenter ants: Carpenter ants are wood destroying insects that can infect and damage your home, necessitating expensive home repairs. Carpenter ants tunnel through wood and cause serious structural damage to Charlotte area homes. Unlike Subterranean termites, they do not consume wood for fuel – their tunnels (galleries) are merely used as passageways for nesting. Like many ants, this breed feeds on common foods such as meats, sweets and pet food.
- Fire ants: Fire ants are among the scariest of ants since they sting their victims aggressively, causing pain and allergic reactions that can be severe or even fatal. Unfortunately, these ants are incredibly common and fire ant nests can be found across yards and landscapes all over Charlotte. Fire ant colonies can be very difficult to eradicate and should be dealt with cautiously; it’s highly recommended to seek professional help in dealing with these insects.
- Odorous house ants: These pests are release a rotten coconut-like smell released when crushed. Odorous house ants feed on sweets and are, attracted to sugary foods kept in pantries and cabinets. Like Argentine ants, they do not pose health threats but do contaminate food supplies.
What types of ants can infest or damage a home?
Argentine and odorous house ant infestations are more of a nuisance than danger because they typically only get into food and are non-aggressive. Carpenter ants, if untreated, can cause serious damage to homes.
How long does it take for a Charlotte ant treatment to work?
The amount of time it takes for an ant treatment to work varies on the type of any infestation. Usually, you’ll see results within 7 – 10 days, but if the ant colony is large or if you’ve been battling these ants for months (or years) it can take several months to get them under control.
Are your pest treatments safe around children and pets?
Our technicians take the safety of your family and pets into consideration while they identify the best Charlotte pest control option for your ant infestation. Our pest experts select the safest, most effective treatment, which typically include baits (which only target the specific insect) or green pest control methods.
Are Pests Invading The Pantry Of Your Charlotte Home?
Pests in the Kitchen Pantry Sooner or later, every Charlotte homeowner experiences some measure of pest invasion. Sometimes it’s an attack by seasonal gnats or fruit flies, unsanitary but still more nuisance than threat. Other times, bigger and more difficult kitchen pest control problems pop up. Homeowners throughout the Charlotte Mecklenburg community routinely battle the […]Read More »