Cockroach Control around Charlotte
Cockroach infestations are not limited to damp, littered or run-down homes. Any crack, crevice or void in any structure can turn into a cockroach infestation, even the cleanest bathroom, kitchen or other interior human living spaces. Cockroaches like to hide in dark, damp, tight areas where the surface touches both below and above their body.
Carolina Pest Management offers rapid solutions to both major and minor cockroach pest problems. Our skilled technicians have the experience, the knowledge, the training, and the equipment to rid your Charlotte-regional home of roaches and the associated spread of allergens, bacteria and microbes. Let us show you an applied cockroach treatment solution that best fits you, your family, and the design of your Carolina home.
Take $15 Off
Enjoy a discount off your initial general pest service when you sign up for a quarterly service plan.
Identify: Finding a cockroach in your house can be alarming. The worst part: One cockroach is usually just an indication of a larger infestation. If you see any signs of roaches call Carolina Pest right away.
Inspection: Roach infestations can become extreme if not taken care of early, so early detection and elimination is a must. Our professional technicians are ready to inspect your home at your earliest convenience.
Treatment: Our skilled technicians use a green pest control treatment to remove cockroach infestations from your home, without harming the environment.
Maintenance: While there are some simple steps you can follow to reduce the threat of cockroaches to your home, an annual pest control inspection is recommended.
How to Identify a Cockroach Infestation
There are very many different types of cockroach species. Only a few cockroach species are considered to be pests. The following five cockroach species are known to be the most widespread U.S. household invaders:
- American cockroaches
- German cockroaches
- Brown-banded cockroaches
- Smoky-brown cockroaches
- Oriental cockroaches
Being nocturnal by nature, cockroaches typically emerge from the dark only when in search for food and water. Consider any cockroach sightings, especially in the light, as almost sure evidence that a large Charlotte cockroach infestation is either in the making or already exists.
- Cockroach Eggs – Most U.S. species of roach produce oothecae (egg casings) with up to twenty eggs. Casings are sometimes spotted in books, furniture and cracks in the wall. However, the German roach carries the oothecae as it travels. This pest, most common of U.S. roaches, remains in physical contact with the oothecae until after the eggs hatch, and may produce as many as fifty eggs within a single ootheca.
- Spotting Roach Feces – Cockroaches tend to leave lots of visible droppings. Cockroach feces often resemble oval pellets, specks of pepper, brown stains and coffee grounds.
- Cockroach Odor – Cockroaches often produce an oily, musty scent that worsens according to the size of the infestation.
The Cockroach Inspection Process
Have you noticed signs of a cockroach infestation in the Charlotte area? It is important to schedule an inspection right away, to stop the infestation from growing. When possible we practice “green” methods of pest eradication, and we guarantee relentless pest control solutions.
What to expect when scheduling a Carolina Pest Management inspection:
- Cockroaches are often hidden, so inspections will require looking in various locations
- Technicians need access to both interior and exterior properties
- Monitoring may precede a total solution
- To accumulate pre-treatment data, our professional technician may install sticky monitoring traps
- Inspections may involve more than one visit
The Charlotte Pest Management Cockroach Treatment
Once your Carolina Pest Management control technician has identified the extent of your cockroach problem, he or she will help you establish a suitable schedule for your cockroach treatment program. This cockroach treatment plan will be established based on the size of your home, the location of the infestation, the size of the infestation, and any personal preferences you may have. The entire process conforms to the goals associated with safe green pest control solutions.
How Often Should I have a Cockroach Inspection?
Like many household pests, cockroaches are easily transported from home to home. Cockroach problems can begin in a grocery bag, a cardboard box filled with old comics, or even because of construction on the local sewer system. Aside from following recommended preventive defenses, constant awareness and routine roach inspections offer your best point of defense.
Homes identified as “high risk” may require a more time-sensitive inspection program. Our technicians provide detailed findings and offer respective inspection and cockroach treatment solutions.
The lasting Carolina Pest Management solution to cockroach control:
- Initial visit and treatment of your Carolina property
- Guaranteed follow-up quarterly treatments
- Exterior and interior treatments performed to prevent future infestations
Frequently Asked Questions about Cockroach Control Service
Is DIY Cockroach Control Effective?
Nearly all “heavy duty” methods for cockroach control have some form of environmental impact. Environmentally friendly DIY cockroach control includes:
- Installed traps – sticky flypaper, special feeding mixtures, and other methods
- Custom solutions – such as sprinkled borax powder, shallow trays of icing sugar mixed with plaster of Paris, and small containers of water and oil
While some of these DIY methods may get rid of a few cockroaches, they will not eliminate a cockroach infestation. If you see any signs of cockroaches in your Huntersville, Charlotte, or Matthews home, it is best to call a professional pest management team and schedule a cockroach inspection right away.
Are Cockroaches Dangerous?
Cockroaches are not known for biting, so at first they may not seem to be dangerous insects; however, they can in fact be a danger to your health. Cockroaches carry different disease causing bacteria. They leave behind feces, hair, and dead skin as they crawl, often leading to food contamination, which can make you sick. The odor cockroaches emit is also known to be troublesome for people who have asthma. If you see any signs of a cockroach infestation in your home, it is best to call and schedule a cockroach inspection.
What is the difference between American and German Cockroaches?
Masters at thriving in basements, crawl spaces, sewers and other warm, damp environments, American cockroaches can be difficult to eliminate. Trained pest control techs know how to locate the main source for direct treatment. Effective control of American roaches requires treatment of any area on your property, indoors or outdoors, that provides harborage for this roach.
As the most prolific breeders of all cockroaches, German roaches present extreme challenges in pest control. DIY solutions seldom meet the challenge. They breed fast, hide everywhere there is a source of food and moisture, and seem to laugh at off-the-shelve pest control products. To successfully eliminate German cockroaches, you need knowledge, experience and persistence – you need the services of Carolina Pest Management.
Is Cockroach Baiting Effective?
Effective cockroach baiting relies on three major processes:
- Proper bait selection – know the pest
- Proper bait placement – identify major areas of travel
- Proper combined control efforts – have sufficient experience in cockroach control.
Are Cockroaches Harmful?
When most of us think about cockroaches, we envision the insects swarming together in unsanitary places like sewers and garbage cans. They then move into homes and carry in the dangerous diseases they have picked up along the way. Although some bugs have an unfair reputation, cockroaches are harmful insects and shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near your […]Read More »